The sound of Neve has been the audio recording benchmark for generations of leading engineers, musicians and producers.
With the 8816 Summing Mixer, the legendary sound of Neve now becomes available to computer-based producers.
Hand-built and hand-wired at the Neve factory in Burnley, England, the 8816 allows engineers and producers to mix their music on a true, albeit diminutive, Neve summing mixer. The unit provides 16 input channels with +15dB gain, level, pan, cut/solo and cue controls. Additionally, a post-insert mix function can be used for mixing in a separate stem, or blending the mix with a special effect.
In the words of Hugh Robjohns at Sound on Sound magazine, ‘The critical issue is what [the 8816] sounds like. The answer is simple: it sounds fabulous and sublime. Its huge headroom and the classic transformer mixing topology endow the mix with an effortlessly silky quality that just screams ‘analogue’ at the listener.’
For those requiring digital output, the 8816’s analog-to-digital conversion option supports standard sample rates to 192kHz and direct conversion to DSD (Direct Stream Digital). This Neve-designed ADC has been compared quite favorably to dedicated professional A/D conversion units costing as much or more than the entire 8816 mixer. If sixteen inputs aren’t enough for your mix, multiple 8816 units can be cascaded together via a dedicated 2-track bus.
This unit is paired with the optional 8804 Fader Pack, providing 18 long-throw faders for hands-on control.
- Hand-built, hand-wired 16-channel summing mixer for use in professional computer-based studios
- Classic Neve analogue transformer mix bus topology
- Instant Recall of settings stored on PC or Mac via USB
- 16 input channels plus aux additional inputs
- Cue, Level, Pan, Solo and Mute controls
- Mix Insert points
- Various solo and solo in place functions
- Sum and difference insert with exclusive ‘Stereo Width Control’
- Separate Monitor and Cue levels
- Main and Alt speaker outs
- Onboard talkback mic w/talkback input to Cue
- Units can be cascaded for multiple outputs
- 2U rackmount design with special shielded power supply
- 2 track return, plus iPod input
- Headphone outs on front and back
- Optional digital output card; 44.1kHz to 192kHz, plus DSD